Monday 17 March 2014

My 2014 Holi Experience!

Happy holi! 

Holi also known as the festival of colours it is a spring festival and the festival of love.

Water Balloon's and Coloured Powders

Holi is a festival in where everyone play's and chases others with dried powder and water (coloured or uncoloured water) usually carried either through water pistols or water balloons or sometimes even just the garden hose. It is a game that can be played by anyone, it's a festival which celebrates the arrival of spring and to celebrate the end of winter, it also celebrates the victory of good over evil for many it is a festive day to play, laugh, forgive and forget and repairing broken relationships. It is traditionally a religious Hindu festival usually celebrated in India but has become popular with non-Hindus also.

Before Our Holi Celebrations

This festival can be played anywhere and often people use this festival for a chance to play music, sing, dance, visit family and friends and it is finished off by sharing traditional food and drinks.

Gautam's Indian Holi Festival


I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to take part in holi this year in the United kingdom as taking part in holi in India was so much fun! Gautam sent me pictures of his holi celebrations and I couldn't wait to get home to celebrate mine!
Myself, a close friend, my sister and her close friend, my younger brother and two of his young friends (also close neighbours) all went up the back field and started off our holi celebrations. I had prepared the holi colours by myself and I filled up water balloons. 


We didn't prepare for how cold it was going to be but we had a BLAST! There was colours, water, laughter and tears flying all around!

Holi 2014 was so much fun, all the hard work of making the coloured powders was totally worth it and today has been a good day well spent!

My Rock and I, participating in holi :)

Lots of love


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so much fun participating in holi, my colours didn't turn out great completed to the traditional holi colours Gautam had but it was fun :)

      Delete